CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund Emergency Short-Term Rental Assistance Program
Dallas Leadership Foundation has partnered with The City of Dallas to help Dallas residents financially impacted and prevent evictions by COVID-19 with a new program called the CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Emergency Short-Term Rental Assistance program.
Commitments for assistance are made first-come-first-serve, with all documentation and eligibility requirements being met, upon applying. Submitting an application does NOT guarantee to fund. Please fill out the entire application with attachments to be considered for assistance. Due to the volume of application, there is no need to call to inquire about the status of your application. You will be contacted as soon as your application is approved.
- LEASE AGREEMENT AND CURRENT LEDGER –
Current ledger or billing statement of what is owed with client name, property address and landlord information. A lease agreement will be accepted in place of a billing statement only if the lease agreement is accompanied by a statement of account balance from the landlord.
- CURRENT INCOME – Examples: Check Stubs, unemployment benefits letter, pay history from an employer, or current bank statements.
- PROOF OF HOUSEHOLD SIZE – Examples: Lease, Tax Return with all in household listed, SNAP letter with all listed, socials for everyone, picture ID cards/passports, school IDs/letters/report cards or signed letter listing all others in a household member
- IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS FOR ALL ADULTS IN THE HOUSEHOLD – ID/Driver’s license, Social Security Card, Passport, Tax Return with all household members listed, consular card/matriculation card green card, etc.
- Applicants must be a Resident of the city of Dallas.
- Make less than 80% of the Dallas- area median household income ($48,300/individual)
- NOT have received CARES Act housing assistance from another agency partner
- NOT be currently on a voucher program, living in HUD or living in a relative’s home
LINK to DLF Short-Term Rental Assistance Application:
Additional Resources: Please visit The City of Dallas’ COVID-19 website at dallascityhall.com/covid19 or dial 214-670-INFO for additional information on financial resources and eviction protections.